18 August 2007

Happiest Place on Earth

My sister Rosie and my niece Jazmyne were in San Diego visiting this past week and it was such a blast. We all loved having uninterrupted time together. The highlight of the week was a trip to DISNEYLAND!!!! Our family has always had a fondness for Mickey's homeland so these trips are a tradition of sorts. Wednesday morning we loaded our backpacks with snacks and water bottles (93 degrees!!!) and packed into Mom's minivan. Disneyland opens at 8:00 am and we were there by 8:30 ready for a FULL day of fun.

Our first ride of the day was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was a hit with all of us! (We loved it so much we rode it twice.) Please note my Mother's hand gesture in the picture. She is pretty hardcore for an old broad. ;)

We also LOVED Splash Mountain! Joel and Jazzy got soaked in the front.










Petra and I were extra cute having Sisterly Splash Mountain Fun!











I spent the day patiently looking for my own Prince Charming...

















Butt I only found some Pirate's Booty.... (jajajjajajaa I crack myself up.) The search continued for true love...

















NOPE!!!! NOT HIM!!! No man should ever wear a mesh shirt.... NEVER EVER!!
















I did find love with my new friend Flora. Joel, Jazzy, and I hung out in the petting zoo talking to all of the animals. Flora was the smallest and sweetest of all the goats. We were very sad to part with her. You can tell she is fond of me too by the way she leans towards me. We love to cuddle.






All in all it was a fabulous day. It ended with one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen AND I drove us home in under an hour... I know I'm good!

[If anyone ever needs a family to go to Disneyland with, we are available and interested!]

2 comments:

Kristin said...

ahh you have an animal touch

Travel to Costa Rica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.