26 November 2008

My Little Grandma

Grandmothers are just antique little girls. ~Author Unknown


The story goes that when I was young, I walked up to my paternal grandmother and said with much pride "Grandma, look at my new little girl shoes." She responded, without skipping a beat, "Look at my little old lady shoes." Little Old Lady became Little Grandma and we have tenderly referred to her as such ever since.

This morning, my Little Grandma passed away.

She was adored by each of us and we were adored by her. The hole that she leaves is immeasurable, but the space that she fills in our hearts and memories is infinitely larger.

2 comments:

Will said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will said...

Hi Meli

I am sorry to hear your grandmother passed away.

My thoughts are with you now, and I send you my deepest sympathy.

Also, I hope to see you soon my friend.

Will