25 January 2008

I've come to realize...

I've come to realize that, when I talk I sometimes forget which language I'm speaking... I also notice that I speak loudly, no way around it, it's who I am and what I do.

I've come to realize that, I love children and old people. I adore them both... I know it's kind of weird but. I love them. I love the way babies smell. I love how quickly toddlers learn. I love the kind eyes of older people. I love their stories and the particular way they like things... their eggs (poached), their hair (combover anyone?), etc.

I've come to realize that my true friends love to laugh. The best ones are the ones that laugh their heads off with you and cry their eyes out too.

I've come to realize that I've lost some of my sensitivity to lactose... ice cream anyone?

I've come to realize that I hate the television, it's stealing my soul... but really it's more of a love-hate relationship.

I've come to realize that marriage is an awful lot of hard work and something I better be damn sure about!!!

I've come to realize that I'll always be the proud owner of a ghetto-fabulous backside... Baby Got Back.

I've come to realize that the last time I truly cried was watching "PS I Love You"... in real life, when my aunt passed away... and any time I think about her.

I've come to realize that my cell phone is miraculously still working considering how many times I've dropped in on the ground (just today!) and how many times it's almost fallen out of the back pocket of my jeans and straight into the toilet bowl.

I've come to realize that when I wake up in the morning I IMMEDIATELY regret the hour I finally went to bed. Sleep is ALWAYS in the way of all the things I want to do.

I've come to realize that before I go to sleep at night I should lay out my clothes for the next day... I know it kills the spontineity, BUT it also allows for guaranteed clean socks and underwear.

I've come to realize that right now I am thinking about whether or not I remembered to lay out clean socks..

I've come to realize that today is only two hours old and that I could have spent those two hours sleeping, but then I would have missed out on a private concert and some good blogging time.

I've come to realize that tonight I will be a little groggy at our dinner party... but hey that's what caffeine is for. YEAH I'M AN ADDICT!!! Lay off me... I NEED IT!

I've come to realize that school is just around the corner... heeeellllloooooo graduate school!

I've come to realize that tomorrow has just begun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a pretty bold statement to say someone/something is your "favorite." I want to be your co-favorite blogger, along with Erika. Granted, she is wittier and funnier than I am, I think we should share the claim. :)

Anonymous said...

I do love this entry. But I'm tired of seeing it now, so you need to update. Blog, baby, blog!

Anonymous said...

I heretofore, reliquish half my title of favorite blogger to Mrs. Mancove, Srappy McScrapster, the one and only Jaymalew.
Oh yeah, I want more blog too!

Will said...

hey friend, just writing to let you know that i have a new decent domain for my blog so please update the link ;) http://www.alairelibreblog.com Thanks!

Blythe said...

Hey Melissa! I saw the link to your blog on facebook and thought I'd drop in! This is a really great post...when I wake up in the morning I also regret the time I went to bed the night before. EVERY morning!