15 October 2008

Thankful

I know that it's a little early for a Thanksgiving blog, but since it's been ten months since I've posted I am hoping my "public" will offer me a little bit of grace. :)

This week I have been a little bit bored at work. The old Melissa would have planned another adventure and hightailed it out of this town to India, Costa Rica, etc. to numb the boredom, but today's Melissa has decided to just sit tight and be thankful for where I am and what I am doing. Our current economic state is not great. Many people are without jobs or a little nervous about how much longer their employer will be able to cover payroll. I am thankful to work for a company that has cash reserves to last quite awhile. I am thankful to sit at the best desk in the office and have a view of the golf course and, on the right day, of the ocean. I am thankful to look at the ocean and not a cubicle wall. I am thankful for the visitors outside of my window. Today it was a hummingbird, tomorrow who knows? I am thankful to have parents who support and love me. I am thankful for sisters who are freakin' fun! I am thankful that I have too many social events to keep straight. I will not complain about being busy, but be thankful that I have so many people to spend time with and love on.

I am thankful that a baby visited the office today, and that tonight I get to hang out with Jack Crash. Two babies in one day!?!??! My life is good!

No comments: