29 October 2008

Grandmotherhood = Life Goal?


Today I met my hero...

Ever since I was a child, I have held a secret desire. My life goal is to be a grandmother... yep, you read that right. I have always wanted to be a cute little old lady who has a wraparound porch, a bench swing, and a faithful old dog that sits at my feet as I crochet, or maybe crosstich. I want to make lemonade, bake cookies, and sew Halloween costumes. The idea of Thanksgiving dinner for dozens being cooked in my kitchen, thrills me! I love the idea of being a grandmother, I always have. I assume that that must mean I have fantastic grandmothers who have inspired me (I have at least one!).

The one problem with my life goal has been that I'm not as excited to be a mother. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE CHILDREN. I just don't have the same passion for motherhood that I have for grandmotherhood. (I know I'm a little weird.)

Today I met my hero. Today I met someone who married into grandmotherhood. It's brilliant! She didn't have to raise anyone, AND she gets to love on grandkids and spoil them rotten. She married a grandfather and inherited a complete family.

So it's official I am in the market for a grandfather.


... or I will be in about thirty years. So keep your eyes peeled!

No comments: