22 January 2009

100

This, dear reader, is my 100th published blog at Meli La Gringa!

In honor of this magnificent event, I was planning on writing 100 words to describe myself... BUT that, it turns out, is difficult. So I changed my mind.

Since one hundred is the square of 10, I am going to instead list ten words that I would use to describe myself.

1. Bubbly - I have been told that I have "a personality plus." I always assume that that is a compliment...
2. Delectable - Hello! Best describing word ever! Defined as "highly pleasing or delicious." I would like to see myself as quite a delicious dish!
3. Bookworm - I may be addicted to books, NPR, and all things mildly nerdy.
4. Fickle - I have a hard time being "sure" of things that I want. Short hair? Yes! Long hair? Yes! Brown hair? Yes! Blonde hair? Yes! I blame my father who used to make me play Devil's Advocate all time. I was basically trained from birth to see both sides of all issues... makes it difficult to pick ONE side.
5. Curious - "Why? How? What does that do?" I tend to question a lot and want to know more about just about everything.
6. Heckler - If you've ever seen me at a hockey game, you'll know that I can get a little animated. I must admit at this point, that this is even the case at my sweet nephew's soccer games as well. "Come on guys! Run for the ball! I don't care if your six. Focus!!!"
7. Lover - This is an odd choice to follow heckler, but I would like to think that a heckler can be a lover too. I love people. I love life. I love today and I'll most likely love tomorrow. Despite my fickle nature, I am a faithful and loyal lover of people.
8. Adventurer - I'm ready! Let's go! My normal response to just about anything, at just about any time, is "Woohoo! I'm in! We are so fun!"
9. Eye-Candy - My current job is not the most challenging, so I have jokingly dubbed my title as Eye-Candy. I hope that this title will follow me all of my days. It's pretty fun to think that your purpose for the day is to be pleasant.
10. Passionate - I am passionate about movies that I love, books that I love, people that I love, politics. I'm passionate about kissing, about babies, about old people, and about love. I'm passionate about food and wine and Diet Coke. I am pretty sure that I can safely describe myself as a passionate person.

So... narrowing it down to only ten words was a tough task as well. I guess writing is always an effort. In my case, it happens to be an effort of love.

**Erika & Jayma gave me some suggestions that are receiving honorable mention.**
So-hot-right-now
Crap-your-pants-funny
Coma-un-inducer

They, most definitely, get extra credit for their creative use of dashes!

Below are a few 100-themed links for those with some extra time on their hands:
All about the number 100

100 Best Novels

AFI's 100 Best Movies of All Time

100 Most Misspelled Words in the English Language

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meli you rule, you are all those things and more. Happy 100th blog!

Amy said...

Luckily, it looks like I actually know many of the misspelled words :)

And now I've copied and saved the top 100 non-fiction and fiction books, and the top 100 films...for when I do actually have extra time.

Anonymous said...

hah. On the 100 best novels reader's list...there's like 10 different Charles de Lint books. I guess whomever wrote that or voted had an obsession similar to mine. I've got most of those too that I'll loan ya.

The Tiny Team said...

very nice, plus!