09 January 2009

My name is Melissa...


... and I am a procrastinating perfectionist addicted to M&Ms.

If M&Ms are nearby, I eat them. This morning I had M&Ms for breakfast. I know! I know! It's gross. It's not healthy. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Blah. Blah. Blah. I have heard it all, but it seems to make no difference. Normally for breakfast I try and eat Oats & Flax oatmeal. It's the perfect breakfast food, low in calories, full of healthy things and fiber... today I was out of my sacred packets. I forgot to bring more from home and was left to fend for myself at work. There are other instant oatmeal packets in the kitchen... Apple Cinnamon, Banana Bread and other sugar-laden flavors. I chose not to eat those... I ate M&Ms instead. My reasoning is embarrassing... Since I could not have the healthiest breakfast option then why even worry about health at all.

I have always struggled with being a bit of a perfectionist, I've been told this goes hand in hand with my other "p" trait, the gift of procrastination. Basically, if I can't get it done perfectly, then I give up OR put it off. Case in point, this morning's incident... I couldn't eat the healthiest breakfast option so I went with the worst instead. Although in my defense (and yes, I always have one!) I could have eaten more M&Ms than I did AND I could have eaten all of the chocolate covered cashews and strawberries we have laying around here.

There are two morals to this story:
1. I LOVE M&Ms!
2. Logic is lost on a procrastinating perfectionist.


So after initially starting this blog I felt guilty, so I drank a V8. I feel much better!

3 comments:

The Tiny Team said...

I hope it's peanut MnMs!

Anonymous said...

Um I eat frosted mini wheats for breakfast...and dessert.
I do have a valid "health excuse" but to be fair, I only eat the most frosted ones. The others end up stale at the bottom of the box.

YAY SUGAR!

And peanut M & M's are healthier. They have protein. Peanut butter ones count too.

Don't you love my logic?

Amy said...

I eat Oats and Flax for breakfast too! It's so good. And I agree that those other oatmeals do not compare. They're super sweet, but in this weird icky way. Not like M&Ms...