07 May 2009

Rehab?

I once confessed here on this very blog, to my reading public, that I was a procrastinating perfectionist addicted to M&Ms... well time for an update... or really a confession, I am still putting off plenty of tasks (because I want to wait until I can give them my "best" effort) and this morning I had Diet Coke and M&Ms for breakfast.

I can, and will, produce a list of genuine reasons (read: excuses) why I made my culinary decision today:
1) I just got back from vacation and haven't had a chance to stop by the grocery store to purchase delicious and healthy oatmeal.
2) I forgot to grab my yogurt from the fridge... and who wants to eat granola without yogurt?!
3) The M&Ms are from New York and I was using them as a reminder of my grand adventures this past weekend.
4) I'm allergic to everything BUT M&Ms and Diet Coke...

Okay so maybe this last one is a lie, but sometimes the only thing I want in life is some genuine colored sugar wrapped nicely around some dark chocolate goodness and a can of liquid fake sugar pumped up with massive amounts of caffeine... Is that so wrong?

I think not!

But I, like Amy Winehouse, have some issues. Sure my addictions include aspartame, caffeine, NPR, loud jewelry and fuchsia leggings and she is a fan of the more lightweight stuff like cocaine, bulimia and cutting.

Amy Winehouse has issues... and she also has a song called "Rehab" (YouTube video here)

"They tried to make me go to rehab. I said "No. No. No."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to think of book club as rehab for readers annonymous.
I will gladly join the aspartame and caffeine support group but I'm not sure I will ever voluntarily join rehab. No. No. No. My daddy says I'm fine.

Meli la gringa said...

My daddy says you're fine too. We were blessed with some enabling and supportive daddies. :-)

Jessica Freeman said...

i ate a LOT of M&Ms today and I thought of you.