07 August 2010

Happy National Mustard Day!

I once confessed here on this bloggity blog that I have a very, VERY deep fear of mayonnaise. It really and truly gives me the creeps, BUT my fear does not extend to all condiments. In fact, I also have a VERY deep love and appreciation of mustard. I adore its yellowy goodness in just about any and every type it can be found. I have, at this point in my life, never snorted it in its powdery form... but I never say never about anything... so there is still a chance I might find the opportunity and take it.

Fact: The more mustard, the better!
This statement remains true at all times and in all situations.

My favorite brand of mustard is Inglehoffer. I normally have three bottles in my fridge, just in case I want to send a guest home with a bottle after they have fallen head over heels in love with it. (Quit snickering at my melodramatic ways! It has happened before and I refuse to be found unprepared when it happens again.) One of my new life goals is to visit the Mustard Museum and Poupon U. On this most holy of days, I would like to wish my dear readers a delightful day of mustardy decadence. I leave you with the fight song of the auspicious Poupon U.
On our hot dogs, on our bratwurst, mustard is so cool.
Never mayo, never ketchup; they're against the rules.
Gleaming gold and mellow yellow; smooth, rough, sweet and hot,
Fight, POUPON U! We'll fight and eat some lunch.

No comments: