16 April 2007

My Korean Boyfriend!

I know, right??!?!
I would like y'all to meet my new Korean boyfriend. I don't know his age, his goals, or even his name, but I am planning on loving him for the rest of my life. We met on campus when his mother was taking him on a tour of the BEAUTIFUL cherry blossoms. I have to first respond to those asking silly questions with, "No, I am afraid I can not bring him back to the USA." Believe me, if I could, I would!

Spring has most definitely joined us here at Soon Chun Hyang University... and along with it it has brought CHILDREN! They come in their matching school outfits and walk among the falling blossoms. Most of us girls gush and "awwww" over them as they pass by lined up like baby quail behind their teacher. Our school hosts a Cherry Blossom Festival of sorts and many people come from neighboring towns to take pictures and picnic beneath the incredible canopy of blossoms. In response to the "crowds," fair style food booths line the sidewalk and make ice cream, cotton candy and other more traditional Korean street food readily available. It has been a very tempting distraction during "Study Week"!

Recently the "International Brigade," comprised of Joyce (China), Mi Jeong (Korea),Will (Mexico), and myself (USA), (I just came up with that name, but it's awesome and we're keeping it!) went down to take some pictures and sample the cuisine.
Mmmmmm Silkworms!!! (Don't do it! They are gross!!!!)
Joyce and I... trying to be brave.
Joyce hunted down the perfect snack to get the taste of silkworm out of your mouth... COTTON CANDY!
Will, myself and Joyce.

My traditional Korean pose. I know, I am so hot right now!
Mi Jeong in the modern Korean pose. (Please note the cell phone in her hand.) I love her!!! She is going to Los Angeles in May for a week. Does anyone want to give her a tour of the Getty or Hollywood? :)

Okay that is all for now. I have a midterm in a little over an hour and then I am headed to Gyeongju. Yeah! Another grand adventure awaits!

No comments: