19 May 2007

New Camera

I have had the same faithful camera for years and years. I bought it before my first trip to Costa Rica and it has served me well in my many adventures. Many of you reading this blog have had your image captured by it at one time or another. For the past year or so, it has been a little "high maintenance." I have had to hit it on the bottom with the palm of my hand to get a proper image. The lens and the camera needed some assistance in connecting. It has gradually been getting worse and worse... and the other day I reached the end of my patience. The photo to the right is of my hand! I figured the time had finally come to invest in a new camera.

My friend Will has become a bit of a shopping fiend here in Korea and has now participated in the purchase of three digital cameras for himself and friends. I recruited his expert assistance and we set off to the Yongsan Electronics Market in Seoul for a grand shopping adventure. I was sooooo glad that Will came with me, because the sight of a MILLION different electronic devices made my head spin. We walked through a maze of booths and storefronts. At times, I thought we might be walking in circles! Eventually we found Will's "guy." (I told you he's become an expert!) I looked at camera after camera comparing lens quality, shutter speeds, battery life, etc. In the end, I bought a lovely new friend! I would like you all to meet my new Casio Exilim.

A suite mate of mine had to move back home to Seoul about halfway through the semester. Her mother is sick and she needs to take care of her. I have missed Jane very much! She loves to laugh and is just a precious soul. I took the opportunity, while being in Seoul, to meet up with her for lunch. We all ate sushi together at a chain called California Sushi. After lunch, Jane spent the afternoon helping us shop. When Jane and I were suite mates we had a tradition of ice cream dates. We would head to the snack shop next door to our dorm and chat about life over a green tea drumstick. So before Jane caught the subway home, her and I had one last date. I was so glad to have some time with her again.

Here is our sushi platter to make your mouths water!!!


After a full day of shopping we took the FIRST CLASS train to Onyang and made the most of the extra room by snoozing our way home!

1 comment:

Will said...

Damn, i clicked on the sushi pic, its huge!! and it looks totally delicious. I want sushi!!!!! I want that sushi again!!!! Nice post, bad last pic, but I guess that day wasnt my day for good pics!

later..