14 June 2007

Moving Day, Goodbyes, & DOG soup?

The past few days have been a whirlwind! I took the last final exams of my undergraduate career. In fact yesterday I gave my last presentation, turned in my last paper AND took my last exam... I like to keep busy. ;) In the midst of studying and typing I have also been saying my goodbyes and packing. I don't know how I manage to collect so much stuff!!! But I just sent home THREE boxes... and I still have a carry on suitcase and traveling backpack to lug around for the next month. Maybe I'll just have to throw more clothes away.

Last night was my last night in the dorms and tonight Will and I are heading to Daejon to stay with his roommate Tom's family for a few days and then on to Busan, in the south, to sit on the beach and squeeze in a few more touristy hot spots.


The picture above is of two of my favorite suite mates (Chloe & Gloria) and I, at a going away lunch for my international suite mate Deon, on Wednesday. This morning we had our final meal in the cafeteria together; octopus soup. mmmm tentacles for breakfast anyone? (It was actually quite good.) Tonight's plans include eating dog soup... yep you read that right... I'm eating dog soup for dinner.... I know I'm crazy. I know a few of you are rethinking our friendship, but it's part of the adventure and part of the experience. I still love you. I am not planning on eating any of your dogs. :) Now I really need to get back to finding a way to fit more stuff in my luggage. See you soon!

No comments: