26 September 2007

Los Angelitos

(pictured: Gringos y Los Angelitos)
This past weekend the lovely Brockhaus' family (Amy & Andrew) planned a trip down to Los Angelitos, an orphanage just east of Tijuana, Mexico. The home houses mostly girls from the ages of one year to almost eighteen. It was started by a retired gringo named Ed Perry with his retirement money. To check out more about Los Angelitos and to find out how easy it is to help or visit please click the following link. Los Angelitos ... then come back and read about the latest love of my life.

(pictured: Me y mi amor)
In the course of the day I had a fabulous time... and (OF COURSE!!!) fell head over heels for each of the kids. But one in particular stole my heart completely. His name is Jesus and as you can see from the picture he loves me too! He loves to play with trains. He has a tendancy to leave ketchup on his cheek for hours at a time. He is quick to trust and a fabulous cuddle-bug. I have been trying to convince my parents that I need a new brother. (I HAVE wanted one my whole life.)... BUT I don't think they are buying it. Retirement is just around the corner and I think they can smell freedom. However the next time any of you run into my dad if you could ask how his son Jesus is... well that would really help me out, I think he is halfway there. He (like his daughter) is a sucker for a cute child.

(pictured: Red Rover, Red Rover send Aaron right over)
While I was cuddling with Jesus and playing with trains and Barbie dolls the older girls played Red Rover, Red Rover for hours. They totally ate up the attention and the competition. Amy Brockhaus is the perfect ringleader for such activities. She is like the Pied Piper of children. In fact, once she is done with her credential I plan to move into her district so my future children will get the best teacher in the world. I'm pretty sure that the day was fabulous for everyone involved! I know it was certianly one of the best days I've had in a very long time. I might be addicted to those precious babies.

(pictured: Lisbet, Enrique, and Jesus)
After a day full of fun and games we ate a lunch of hot dogs, Doritos and Coke... basically the ideal meal for any kid I know! The ketchup remained on Jesus's cheek for the rest of the day. (I found it completely endearing.) I can't wait for our second date... perhaps he'll wear mustard.


Don't worry I'll be posting stories and pictures of beautiful children very soon... in fact, I'll probably be trying to convince you all to make room in your calendar to visit with me and perhaps even make room in your home for a well-deserving child. I'm also working on a newsletter that I will post here and send out to the Los Angelitos mailing list.

No comments: