26 October 2009

Daydream Believer

Today's daydream is brought to you by Theraflu and the sinus congestion that isn't allowing me to focus on the real business at hand.

Instead of taking care of the tasks on my mounting To Do List (T-20 days until official Moving Day and T-25 days until I am Costa Rica vacation bound!) I have been solving a potential future problem. I am sure many of you have found yourself wondering, "What to do? What to do with all of my extra money?" At some point in every one's life we find Scrooge McDuck-style piles of money and have no blueprint of how to spend it. I refuse to come to that point without a well-laid plan! So I have devoted many hours developing (read daydreaming) the following solutions to a very serious future issue.

If I were to run into an abandoned pile of thirty government issued Franklins, I would not panic and run to deposit them into the nearest bank. Oh no, my friend. I would not be left without a clear course of action. That money would serve a noble purpose. It would provide me with my dream computer. The Apple Store would be destination number one. Destination number two would be anywhere and everywhere. I would travel and write all about how much I love my computer. I would sleep with it and drive with it in the passenger seat all buckled in, safe and sound. I know some of you might think I'm a little (or a lot) crazy. Think what you may, but I will be the one prepared in case of sudden cash flow. Where will you be when the money comes? What will you do? Think fast!




I hear your question before you even ask, Dear Reader. I know your concerns. "Melissa, what will you do if more money comes? You could not possibly have a clear path laid out for an influx of thirty thousand dollars." Now this was a harder task. I admit that many of the options were tempting. After much thought and consideration the difficult decision has been made. If I find a bag of gold on my windshield tomorrow, I will be driving straight to the local Honda dealership. Once I have my fancy computer, I'm going to need to travel and find inspiration for my writing. I will need something practical that can take me from coast to coast and maybe even across a few borders. Now I know that this is not a standard issue Honda Element pictured. I will have to get my customized camper shell from someone else, but the Honda dealership is my first stop in the plan. After we're all decked out and ready to go, I will have to camp across the country, perhaps the continent. There is room for two... so if there are any volunteers please let me know. I like to be prepared, so notify me BEFORE I find my bags and piles of money that you are up for sharing in the adventure.



Now I would like to encourage each of you to set aside some time today to plan out what you will do when the money comes. Don't let yourself be caught off guard. Money lurks around every corner. Be prepared people!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laughing hysterically! At your witty writing style, of course, not the idea of money flooding in ;) I am officially the first to claim shotgun in your new camper!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn! Well, I'll take the back seat and sleep in a tent outside.