30 November 2009

Everyone's Favorite Tica

Tonight is my last night in Costa Rica (for this trip) and I'm getting
a little emotional. I have no idea what draws me to this place... I
mean I could write you a list (and I probably will in an upcoming
blog) but like being in love with a person, being in love with this
place can't be explained, it just is. With people there is a chemistry
that can't be manufactured and normally exists from the very
beginning. There are people that look like a match on paper but, in
person, "it" is just not there. Then there are people that you love
before you really even know them. You see them and you just know that
they'll be a part of your heart forever. Paola is one of those people.
I met her on a bus on our way to a camp here in Costa Rica seven years
ago and I knew that I would know her and love her for the rest of my
life. This trip with her has been such a blessing! Thank you Pao for
carting me around Costa Rica and for sharing so much with me. I love
your attitude, your heart and your laughter. I love you my dear tica.
I will miss you (and your precious family and friends) and look
forward to our next adventure. Somos gemelas de corazon y de alma. :-)

2 comments:

lynn said...

Melissa, what an amazing trip!! love your pictures!!!

Meli la gringa said...

Thanks Lynn. You are the best leaver of blog comments. :-)