02 February 2009

25 facts about me

I was tagged on Facebook to write 25 things about me... So I am sharing them here as well. (Truth be told, I don't think anyone reads this who isn't Jayma or June or Erika and they could all read it on Facebook... but just in case.)

okay here goes.....

1. I still harbor a desire from childhood to marry Kermit the Frog... He's probably the reason I'm still single. I compare everyone to him... and it's hard to find a green man these days.

2. Because of #1 I still harbor some animosity for Miss Piggy... that Jezebel!

3. I am not by nature a morning person, but I long to be someone who starts her day with the sun... just can't seem to get out from underneath the warm blankets.

4. I'm one of only two people under the age of 80 who've had pleurisy... and one of one I know of who had it under the age of 15.

5. My torso is much longer in proportion to my legs... in fact when sitting, I can almost fool you into thinking that I'm normal height.

6. My favorite TV shows at the moment are Dexter (about a serial killer) and Sesame Street (well I HOPE you know what it's about)... I'm a complicated woman.

7. I detest mayonnaise... like it really freaks me out.

8. BUT I'm willing to eat just about anything. I'm thinking I should start a female version of Bizarre Foods on the travel channel. All those crazy eating shows are about men eating brains... I could eat brains and make millions. I would even eat mayo and brains if it was necessary.

9. Speaking of eating weird things, I ate dog soup while I was living in South Korea. I liked it... didn't LOVE it. (Don't send me hate mail... I eat cows all the time and I think they are some of the most beautiful animals around.)

10. I once saw someone heating sausages in the back window of their car in the Nordstrom's parking lot while they shopped... please feel free to see my Mobile Uploads album for proof. (Although if we're honest, I probably would have eaten those too.)

11. I am the oldest of five daughters and we were all in high school at the same time. (You do the math.)

12. Two of, the afore mentioned, sisters are getting married this year!

13. I am addicted to NPR/PBS. My favorite part of the week is listening to my podcast of Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. I love it!!! Sometimes I laugh so hard I cry.

14. My favorite part of the day is driving away from work and seeing the ocean smiling at me as the sun sets. I am not a swimmer, a surfer, or really a beach-goer, but I LOVE living by the beach. Whenever I get home from being away, I adore the smell of the ocean and the feeling of saltwater on my skin and in my lungs.

15. I love babies! I come by the addiction naturally, my father is a fellow addict and my mother isn't too far behind us. My paternal grandmother was probably the worst addict of us all. I love the way they smell. I love the way they laugh and cry. I love watching as their little personalities develop. Babies are freaking awesome!

16. My dream job would be to be a travel journalist/writer. Although the more I think about it, I think I'd be a great TV personality... think Anthony Bourdainne only adorable and perky and funny... but not too much of any of those things. Maybe I could be his sidekick... I'm looking into this.

17. I am 5' 2" with eyes of blue... there is a song about me.

18. Oh wait!!! There IS actually a song about me. My dear Paige wrote me a song... I love my song. THANKS PAIGE!!!

19. I'm getting really good at being a bridesmaid... 27 Dresses was about me. I'm looking into suing for part of the royalties. ;-) I love weddings and I especially love celebrating the marriages of the people that I care about.

20. My wedding will probably not be too crazy. After all of my wedding experiences... and as I get older (ALMOST 30!) I start to think that the beach in Mexico sounds like a great wedding spot... with tacos and margaritas after. I may not even wear white.

21. I love to read and have been known to turn off my phone hide on the couch and read for days at a time... I can do the same thing with TV, but I like it more when it's with a book. I LOVE books that get me so excited I have to stay up until four AM to finish reading. So awesome... I love books!

22. My full name is Melissa Gail Gaare. I was named after a plant, Melissa Olympiadus and sort of after Crystal Gayle... I think my parents were kidding about the middle name, but who knows.

23. I love to travel and learn new things. I'm always ready for the next adventure... and I'm always daydreaming about the next BIG adventure.

24. I love people. I probably love you if you're reading this. I think it's never a mistake to have known and loved someone. I learn the most when I choose to go forward, even if I eventually have to say goodbye.

25. I had no idea how long this would take and may end up being late to my breakfast date.... if only I really WERE a morning person all of this could be avoided.

No comments: