05 July 2007

ENGAGED?!?!

When I left for South Korea everyone at home seemed to think that I would come home with a Korean husband. That isn't exactly what happened... but it's not too far from the truth. The following are the tales of love that could have been in South Korea.


My Korean "Boyfriend":
This is Han Sung-Ho, my Korean "boyfriend." We declared our love for each other under the stars during the Spring Festival at SCH. Of course, as we declared our said love we were sitting at a table with half a dozen people and giggling uncontrollably. Our relationship continued for the remainder of the semester and mostly consisted of me yelling "Hey Boyfriend" when I passed him in the Global Village lobby and him responding with "Hey Honey/Sweetie/etc." and us walking off to do our own thing.

I miss him desperately.


The Romantic Proposal:
On the same night that Sung-Ho and I "hooked-up," I became engaged to Keith. I know I am sounding a little bit out of control, but please read on... you'll see. The story begins innocently enough when I put my bottle of Hite (Korean beer) to my lips. Before I could take a sip the top of the bottle broke off and fell into my lap!


After we all laughed and asked "what are the odds?" I started playing with my glass ring. I tested it on each of my fingers. The ONLY finger that it fit on was my ring finger... my ring finger on my LEFT hand. We all knew it must be destiny... We KNEW that my future husband had to be present at the Spring Festival that night.



Enter poor innocent unassuming Keith. He walked up to the table and walked right into a marriage. He was a great sport and we are looking forward to our happy life together... if we ever see each other again. :)

2 comments:

beth van boxtel said...

haha! i love the pictures that go along with the story!!!

Mom said...

OK, I have loved your blogs and looking at your pictures. I am still reading - BUT, BUT, BUT when do I get to see your face in person?

love
June