07 July 2007

Memorable Korean Meals

I like eating... I really loved Eating in Korea

Here are some of my more memorable meals:

Silkworms: One of the most revolting things I have ever eaten. I DO NOT recommend them. They are easy to find throughout South Korea, BUT instead of looking for them, I would recommend hiding from them. Joyce and I were wise to be as fearful of the silkworm as we were when this picture was taken.










Kim Chi Burger with a Rice Bun:
This one was surprisingly a hit with me. The fast food restaurant Lotteria features this interesting "Korean" version of the classic American hamburger. It was difficult to keep the "bun" in one piece while eating it, but for all the mess it was tasty. Perhaps Carl's Jr. should bring it to the States; it would fit very nicely into their "If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face" ad campaign. Just a thought. If it happens, I want a cut of the profits!




Tom Loves Dog Soup: I liked it... I didn't love it, but it was a hit with Will and Tom, my dining companions. This was my most controversial meal by far. A few friends are reconsidering our friendship now that I've returned with dog on my breath. The best way I can describe the flavor is dark turkey meat with the consistency of chewy pork. It may not sound good, but it was. I ate all the meat but was too full to finish all the soup. I would recommend at least trying it if you get the chance.










Octopus Soup: I ate octopus soup on quite a few occasions. I LOVED it actually. Sure the octopus is really chewy, but it's oh so tasty. :)








WARNING!!!! This video is NOT for the faint of heart, or stomach.
Eating Squirming Eels: While on the coast in Busan, Will and I thought we should eat some fresh seafood. We walked around the fish market and once we were hungry we found a place that served fresh eel... REALLY fresh eel. The eel was cut up once we ordered it and placed in a basket on our table. We cooked the still-wriggling pieces on the grill, dipped them in a spicy sauce and ate them. We ate the whole eel, heads and tails included... it was gross. I was sick to my stomach afterwards and will NOT be eating it ever again. Lucky for us, a few days later Tom's dad took Will and I to an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet and we got to eat all the luscious fresh fish we wanted. :)

1 comment:

Will said...

Your posts are cool.... they are in the range of a 1.3 and a 1.6!! LOL ;)