22 April 2010

Bookworm? Damn right!

So what if I always have my nose in a book... is that really so bad?

So what if I take books into the bathroom with me and keep them in every purse I own... is that wrong?

I say NO! It is good and it is right!

Bookworms of the World Unite!


Jayma started calling me Bookworm this weekend while we were away... I have to admit that I earned the title. I managed to read most of the book (Ender's Game = SO GOOD!) I brought with me and a good percentage of the New York Times articles on my iPhone app in the short 44 hours that we were up on the mountain. I love books. I will read just about anything that I find in front of my face. Some people craft (Jayma). Some people take and edit photos (Lauren). I read books... it's my skill set. I just need to figure out how to get paid for it... I suppose I could read books for students and summarize them, but CliffsNotes seems to have that market cornered... hmmm... I'm not sure I'm the caliber of reader required for book reviewing... but perhaps. Will they hold it against me that I have been known to read a People magazine or two? I should hope not, because that information is even more practical than reading Moby Dick. The Lohans and Larry King come up in many more conversations than good ol' Ahab. I can't help it that I live in a fickle culture. I am just one of many and I need to assimilate somehow... so keep the People magazines coming my way! I'll sneak in the classics waiting in line at the Post Office or on my lunch break. When it comes to reading, I seriously believe that I can do it all.

So what have you been reading lately?

4 comments:

D said...

I'm currently reading "Rebel Angels" - the 2nd book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy a friend recommended :) We both really liked Twilight and I thought I'd try the next set she recommended

Jayma Malme said...

I started calling you "Bookworm" before this weekend!

I am reading about 5 books because I can never finish them. I finished the 1st 2 books in the Twilight series, but can't seem to finish Eclipse. I'm also reading "Teacher" by Henrietta Mears, "A Comedian's Guide to Theology" by Thor Ramsey, and have "Christ the Lord" by Ann Rice on my nightstand to start next. The one thing I do seem to finish (almost) every month is Martha Stewart Living magazine. But as you said, crafting is my thing, and that's basically what the magazine is all about. But mostly I look at the pictures, and read a little in between.

Meli la gringa said...

So D, do you like the trilogy so far?

D said...

So far so good! I had a hard time getting into it at first, but I think it's pretty interesting now :)