20 April 2010

Palomar Mountain - a Saturday delightfully spent.

This past weekend I was able to get away with some friends to Palomar Mountain.
Below is the view from the porch at the cabin... not too shabby.
Is there anything lovelier than enjoying a brisk mountain morning, wrapped in a blanket, drinking hot tea with a good book in your lap? (I'll answer that for you.) No... except maybe starting your morning in a hammock with fresh coffee, ocean breezes and yet another good book in your hands... Life is full of so many wonderful things. How did I ever get so lucky as to know so many tantalizing experiences? Oh did I mention the smell!?!? I LOVE the smell of a forest in the morning... or evening... or mid afternoon isn't too bad either. Sure I may be allergic to most of the things that I was smelling, but that is NOT going to stop this Happy Camper. That is why God made Benadryl... so that I could keep on keepin' on.


After a rough day of 'working'...

It was time for a delicious dinner!

And then a quiet evening in front of a roaring fire...
P.S. I built that fire all by myself... (with some assistance from my Great Uncle Duraflame.)


All in all, a Saturday delightfully spent.


No comments: