28 April 2010

Bucket List

So my skydiving adventure has inspired me to share some other entries I have on my bucket list...

- Drive Route 66
My sister and brother-in-law leave this weekend on a cross-country adventure. (Follow them on their blog!) Hopefully one day I'll be able to follow in their interstate tracks and make the trek myself... If anyone has an extra Airstream hanging around that they want me to take with me, please don't hesitate to send it my way.

- Soar in a Hot Air Balloon
A little more sedate than skydiving... but I imagine it is breathtaking!

- Walk on the Great Wall of China
Part of me wants to walk the length of the Great Wall of China... but then I think, "Melissa, quit it with all of your crazy talk." It's not that I don't want to walk that long of a distance... it's more like, I don't think I'd want to devote that large of a portion of a trip to China on walking. I'd rather visit more places and eat more food. ;-)

- See the Northern Lights
Ummmm HELLO! If you have ever seen a picture of the Northern Lights and not wanted to see them in person... well then I don't think I even want know you! I am pretty sure that when I finally see them it will blow my mind, my heart will swell and I'll cry... In fact, if we're going to be honest (and I think we're at the point now where we should be honest with one another) I sometimes get misty in the eyes just thinking about seeing the Northern Lights. Perhaps that should be next year's big trip...

There are so many more things on the list, but that's enough sharing for me for today.

What's on your list?

4 comments:

Jayma Malme said...

I, too, have Northern Lights on my list. I wonder if you can see them in Norway. Because that's on my list too. In fact, I found out today that there's a Malme Fjord. I'm pretty sure I'd be royalty there :) So there's really no reason I shouldn't make that my next big trip.

David Myer said...

Oh, well, you should *definitely* do the hot air balloon. It is like soaring through an unearthly quiet with only the whisper of almost-overheard conversations filtering up from the streets below. Very nice.

Also, the northern lights are something to behold. But to get the full experience and see more colors than just green, you have to go quite a ways north. I saw them from near Calgary in Canada. To Jayma I mention that I did *not* see them from Norway (I was in Trondheim for several weeks). Right now the magnetic pole of the Earth is in northern Canada, and the lights circulate around the pole. So Canada is the place to be ... or really really far north Scandanavia / Russia.

On my bucket list: New Zealand, Machu Pichu, Greece, Italy, visit every US National Park, learn to sail something bigger than a sabot, and learn to scuba.

D said...

Okay, hot air balloon and road trip cross-country on my list! Let's go!

Others: ride in a helicopter, visit a volcano, go to Brazil, Greece, Australia...and the list goes on!

Bullock Productions said...

Northern Lights was my original plan to celebrate my 30th, but when I called my friend in Alaska he said they go in an 7 year cycle (or was it 11?) .. anyway, he said it's at it's low point right now. So I'm thinking for our 35th birthday!? Yeah!!!