19 April 2010

Palomar Mountain - Our Thrilling Friday Night

This weekend my bestie Lauren and I went away to Palomar Mountain for some downtime. Our dear friend Jayma drove up from LA and met us on Saturday. We all had a blast just doing our own things and kicking back.

As I looked back on the weekend, I got to thinking about life... which is dangerous, but I do it for the good of my readers. Here is a thought that came my way:

Singlehood = ?
Some of my married friends like to talk as if their lives now aren't as exciting as they were when they were footloose, fancy-free and single. I hear people at work reminisce about the thrills of life before marriage and I think it's a lot like people missing the 'good ole days of high school'... They are remembering it all through rose colored glasses. Now that Lauren and I are "Thirty, Flirty and Fabulous," THIS is how we spend our Friday nights. Lauren alternates between playing Words With Friends on her iPhone and vacuuming up dead ants or spiders. I wear my Hooters jammies (They have owls on them... get your minds out of the gutter!) and read Ender's Game for book club (SUPER GOOD BOOK! READ IT!). It's not like we partied with Diddy or made out with foreign men (well not this weekend). I just want to break my married readers of the fear that they are missing out on something exciting... The single life is a lot like married life... minus the marriage part, but you get the idea.

Here we are, living the dream:

No comments: